Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Chairman - MTV Exit

Next time someone tells me that we are anti-male (which we're not - I am a man and I am not anti-me) and we that shouldn't be focusing only on men (and how they can get involved to address male violence against women) and women are just as violent towards men (not true), I am going to show them this documentary from MTV Exit, a series of docs and short films that aims to increase awareness and prevention of human trafficking.


And while I am aware that trafficking affects both men and women, sex-trafficking is the largest subcategory of modern-day slavery. And although I have no facts to back this up, I am going to go out on a limb and say that most of those trafficked for sex are women, and I'll bet the majority of traffickers, and those seeking the services (sex) of trafficked women (although certainly not all) are men.

No comments: