Thursday, June 10, 2010

Violence Free Tairawhiti Music Video

I am an unabashed music snob; it's not often that I hear "music with a message" that doesn't rub me the wrong way for whatever stylistic reason. Anything BandAid related, Wavin' Flag... these all have merit in what they're trying to accomplish, raising awareness and hopefully some funds for their respective causes.  I can admire the idea(ls), but I don't have to enjoy the music do I?

It was with a bit of trepidation that I fired up youtube to take a look at this video highlighting the anti-violence awareness raising efforts The Tairawhiti Abuse Intervention Network (TAIN), "an affiliation of community groups, non-government and government agencies (including NZ Police) who have joined forces to provide a united response to family violence issues."

But it's incredibly catchy and manages to spread a message in a positive and youthful manner. And it's totally earworm worthy!

No comments: